Lettuce, thinly sliced
Cooking oil (e.g. canola oil, sunflower oil)
Low sodium soy sauce, HCS
Five spice powder
- Pound the chicken and slice them into strips.
- Then, add in all seasonings to coat evenly, and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Cut the lettuce into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil in frying pan. Pour the eggs into pan to make omelette. Set it aside.
- Stir fry garlic and shallots until fragrant. Then, add chicken in and pan fry until golden brown.
- Place the chicken on top of egg omelette and scatter the lettuce.
- Roll the omelette to wrap the chicken, and it’s now ready to serve.
- Pounding of chicken help to increase tendency to absorb seasoning as well as improve the tenderness.
Recipe available in English and Chinese. Download PDF here
- Chicken and eggs are good source of protein, which can help to prevent muscle breakdown and maintain immunity.
- You are suggested to use low sodium soy sauce or with label of “Healthier Choice Symbol” (HCS), as it reduces 43% of sodium content compared to regular soy sauce.