The Know Right, Start Right programme aims to build active collaboration with restructured hospitals, social agencies and community partners to help Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) stage 3 to 5 patients and their caregivers to make informed decisions of their preferred dialysis option and confidently start right on their treatment.
The aim of the programme is to:
- Create awareness of pre-dialysis support to patients’ family members and caregiver
- Prepare and help patients embark on a planned and structured dialysis programme
- Ease patients into their treatment regime and provide continuous support to them and their caregivers
Suite of Services
Explore and Decide on the Preferred Treatment via:
- Phone/ Online consultation with Admissions Counsellor
- Dialysis centre visits
- Online workshops
Admissions Related Enquiry
- How do I apply into NKF?
- Is dialysis expensive?
- Do I qualify for any subsidy?
- What are the treatment options available etc…
My Dialysis Journey (By Patients For Patients)
Join us to understand patient’s journey on:
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Psychological concerns
Patient Support Group
- Patients come together every month for a variety of programmes.
- Challenges encountered in their treatment are also discussed on this platform which is supported by healthcare professionals.
NKF Support Programmes
- Financial counselling
- Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Support Group
-Patients come together every month for a variety of programmes, challenges encountered in treatment are also discussed on this platform which is supported by healthcare professionals.
Hear from our Patient Befrienders
- Face-to-face/ phone discussion/ home visitation with our patient befriender to understand about haemodialysis and/ or peritoneal dialysis.
- Accompanied by NKF staff, home visitation for peritoneal dialysis observation can be arranged to understand how treatment is being carried out at home by patients.