Outreach Programmes

Kidney We Care Movement

Be Part of The Kidney We Care Movement

Want to do something fulfilling by helping raise awareness about kidney failure or make life more manageable and hopeful for those who live with the condition? We have a seed funding programme that seeks to support meaningful ground up initiatives and raise awareness about kidney failure.

Together, we can catalyse positive change and meet the gaps in our community.  

You can consider any of these three initiatives:

Project 5.5 Project Hope Project Impact
Kidney failure changes the course of people’s lives. Yet every year, about 2,000 people are diagnosed with kidney failure in Singapore, which translates to about 5.5 every day.

The projected number of kidney patients is also expected to increase given our ageing population and rising prevalence of chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension, the two leading causes of kidney failure.

How can you play your part to curtail this troubling trend?
Upon diagnosis, kidney failure patients and caregivers tend to feel a sense of hopelessness as it marks the beginning of a long journey of battling with a chronic illness.

Due to the stress of dealing with the illness and the need to undergo dialysis thrice weekly, many patients face emotional, economic, and psychosocial challenges.

Do you have an idea to help them improve their quality of life and integrate them back into society?
There are many in society who are under-resourced or often neglected, how can you fill that need?

We encourage you to seek ways to do good for the community by bringing people together and addressing a social need.

Also, weave in kidney health awareness into your project to encourage the community to care for their health.

We cannot change it all, but we can change some things.
Before you begin, here are 5 tips to get you started:

How Much Funding Can I Get?

  • This funding is open to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents (PR) of all ages.

  • If an application is approved, successful applicants will receive an in-principle amount of up to $5,500 or up to 80% of the total allowable project cost.

  • Projects that demonstrate exceeding merits in terms of project scale and impact may be awarded more.

How Will Funding Be Disbursed?

  • Successful applicants will receive an email notification, and will be required to attend a briefing and sign the Form of Agreement to commence the project.

  • Funding will be disbursed in two tranches, 40% upon acceptance of the Form of Agreement and remaining 60% upon verification of project closure documents.

  • Teams are required to submit the Project Closure Report, Statement of Account, photos and videos within 2 months after the end of the project.

Take these steps today to make a difference in our community.

For enquiries, please email to or click here to access the KWC FAQ page. 

Contact Details
Media Enquiries
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) strives to be an advocate and integrator for kidney health and holistic care for the community by the community. While supporting kidney failure patients with quality dialysis treatment and integrated care, its greater mission lies in preventing or delaying kidney failure through kidney health education with deeper integration into the community and strategic collaborative partnerships.
Copyright © 2021 NKF. Developed by I Concept. All rights reserved.
error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top


General Enquiries


Kidney Live Donor Support Fund

Donation & Volunteering

Can't find what you are looking for?


Thank you for visiting us.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we seek your kind understanding and patience should our response be delayed. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We are grateful for your steadfast support as we strive hard to overcome the challenges during this trying period to ensure our patients continue to receive dialysis treatment uninterrupted.

Friends of NKF and Donation Portal will be down on 3rd December (Friday) from 7pm to 10pm for maintenance. You may encounter occasional disconnection while accessing these sites during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.