1 cup / 140g
Grape (red, seedless)
20 pieces / 80g
1 slice / 80g
¼ whole / 60g
1 piece / 1g
Red radish (sliced)
- Soak 1 cup of millet in cold water for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Add 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a pot, bring to boil over high heat. Once the water boils, reduce to medium-low heat.
- Add in millet and cover the pot. Simmer until millet absorbs all of the water and becomes tender. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the millet is cooked, fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Toss the millet with soya oil and let cool.
- Cut the pineapple into cubes, and cut the red grapes into segments.
- In a large bowl, add in millet, lemon juice, salt, pineapple, grape and toss well.
- Place in a salad bowl and topped with diced cucumber. Garnish with sliced cilantro and red radish.
Recipe available in English and Chinese. Download PDF here
- You can make your own low sodium dressing by mixing vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper and olive oil/ soya oil.